The Christmas train will travel through New York in November: where will it stop?
Each holiday season, a special train travels across the United States and Canada to help local food banks and provide entertainment at every train station it stops at.
This year, the Canadian Pacific holiday train will travel through New York’s North Country and Capital Region with stops in Fort Edward, Saratoga Springs and Menands, News 10 reports.
In 2022, the holiday train made its first route after the COVID-19 pandemic, and this year it will make stops for the 25th time in various localities from November 20 to December 19, including in 15 states, as well as in Canada. All stops in New York fall on November 24th and 25th.
The New York journey will begin in Albany, then head north through the Adirondacks before heading to Monreal and Canada. During all stops, Canadian country-pop singer Trudy and indie musician Virginia to Vegas will perform on board the train.
Canadian Pacific Holiday Train Schedule in New York:
Friday, November 24
- Arrival time 15:45, event 16:00 – 16:30
- Menand Road railway, Ganser Smith Memorial Park, 53 Menands Road
- Arrival time 17:45, event 18:00 – 18:30
- Canadian Pacific Railroad Parking Lot, 300 Park Ave
- Arrival time 19:20, event 19:30 – 20:00
- Amtrak Station, 26 Station Lane
Related: Ten New York City boroughs with spookily adorable Halloween decorations
Saturday, November 25
Arrival time 13:05, event 13:15 – 13:45
Amtrak Station, 70 East Street
- Arrival time 16:30, event 16:45 – 17:15
- Amtrak Station, 20 Park Place
- Arrival time 19:00, event 19:15 – 19:45
- Amtrak Station, 121 Bridge St
- Arrival time 20:45, event at 21:00 – 21:30
- Pratt Street Railway Crossing
Stops are accompanied by donations to local food pantries. Last year in Fort Edward, the train presented a check for $4,000 to the Fort Edward Food Pantry.