she fell on the tracks because she felt bad

she fell on the tracks because she felt bad

On October 17, an 18-year-old girl fell under a subway train after suffering what appeared to be a seizure due to her illness. The New York Post writes about this.

Jessica Marleni Aitzak Guarcas was heading to work at a nearby restaurant when she fell onto the tracks of the Manhattan-bound E train about 6:40 a.m. at the Roosevelt Avenue-74th Street station in Jackson Heights, according to authorities and her family.

According to police, CCTV footage showed the girl standing among other passengers on the platform as the train arrived, with her hands in her pockets.

“And all of a sudden she just fell onto the tracks,” said NYPD Chief of Detectives Joseph Kenney. “She just took a step forward and fell.”

On the subject: A huge robot will patrol the New York subway: where can you meet it

He said the girl appeared to have “lost consciousness” and that no crime was suspected.

Relatives police spoke with said the girl had health problems, Kenny added, without providing any details.

However, her older sister, Maria Aitzac Guarcas, said the girl was not ill and that the family was in the dark about what exactly caused her fatal fall.

“We didn’t expect this, we didn’t expect death, nothing can be done,” Maria said.

The youngest of three sisters, Jessica is originally from Guatemala and has only lived in the United States for two years. She lived with a friend and worked part-time making empanadas at a Queens restaurant to help support her family, her family said.

“She wasn’t sick when she went to work this morning. We didn’t know,” middle sister Cristina Aitzak Guarcas, 21, said in Spanish. “We want to know what really happened to her… We don’t know and we want to know.”

Jessica was found lying on the tracks, unresponsive and unresponsive, with injuries to her body, police said.

Ambulance personnel pronounced her dead.

Christina described her younger sister as a good worker who “dressed well” and was just a “normal person.”

“There was nothing wrong with her,” she said.

Older sister Maria said that when she told the news to their parents, who were back in Guatemala, “they couldn’t believe that my sister was dead,” and that she, too, initially thought it was “a lie.”

“She was a good, responsible girl… she came to us on her day off… she never gave us any problems,” Maria said.

Saint Soliz, Maria’s husband, also described her as a “good girl” who “came to the United States two years ago to help her family have a better life.”

“She always sent money to her parents,” he said.

More news:

Leave the first comment

Table of contents